Applied Software Inc. also known as MagView (https://www.magview.com) is a growing proprietary health software company that has a stable track record of growth in its niche market. We deliver quality software solutions to hospitals and breast centers across the nation that helps save lives. The ideal Quality Assurance (QA) candidate will be self-motivated, an independent worker, polished, and have good communication skills. A positive attitude with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and fluid work environment is imperative for this role. Strong attention to detail, flexibility, and interpersonal astuteness are key factors for the position. You will be charged with participating in a complete QA program that not only safeguards the quality of our products, but also fosters a “quality culture,” in which all employees become actively engaged in guaranteeing quality in both production and the finished product.
Responsible for assisting in the planning, development, implementation, enhancement, and maintenance of test plans, test scripts and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned software systems to ensure compliance with system specification as part of a project and/or general support work. Communicate with development to test code, identify bugs, and document software implementation and functionality.
- Interpret, build upon, and comply with company quality assurance standards
- Carefully maintain complaint and nonconformance processing through records and tracking systems, including root cause and corrective actions
- Document quality assurance activities with internal reporting and audits
- Develop new standards for production and design, with improvements as needed, and create testing protocols for implementation across all service lines
- Identify training needs and take action to ensure company-wide compliance
- Pursue continuing education on new solutions, technology, and skills
Daily & Monthly Responsibilities
- Plan, execute, and oversee inspection and testing of incoming and outgoing product to confirm quality conformance to specifications and quality deliverables
- Assist operations and local quality function in tracking, documenting, and reporting quality levels as well as departmental goals/KPIs
- Analyze and investigate product complaints or reported quality issues to ensure closure in accordance with company guidelines and external regulatory requirements
- Develop or update company complaint and inspection procedures to ensure capture and investigation, as well as proper documentation of complaints
- Monitor risk-management procedures, and maintain and analyze problem logs to identify and report recurring issues to management and product development
- Provide training and support to quality assurance team on systems, policies, procedures, and core processes
Experience & Skills Requirements
- Proficient PC skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team
- Pays strict attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving
- Effective prioritization of workload with minimal supervision
- Results oriented
- Must be able to write and follow test plans
- Capacity to accurately interpret test results
- Positive, serving attitude with enthusiasm and passion that infects every call, meeting, and room you join
Additional Skills (Plus but not required)
- An understanding of testing methodologies and testing tools
- Software release and versioning
- Experience with MS SQL preferred.
- Ability to write well-documented code (C#, Java, or other OO Language), and provide detailed user and developer documentation
- Familiarity with an Agile Methodology
Who You Are
- You are highly motivated and have a passion for creating and supporting great products.
- You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines, and you have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
Computer Science/Network Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics preferred
Salary Range :
Pay will commensurate with experience. Please include salary requirement with your resume.
ASI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants of all ages, experiences, and backgrounds to apply for open positions. ASI does not discriminate on the basis an applicant’s age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or status about public assistance. ASI offers a competitive salary and a positive corporate culture.
For more information about the ASI team, please CLICK HERE