Applied Software Inc., which is also known as MagView, is a growing proprietary health software company that has a stable track record of growth in its niche market. We deliver quality software solutions to hospitals and breast centers across the nation that help save lives. We have a diverse team of talented individuals that strive for excellence and love to help each other and our customers. The ideal candidate we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, working with senior staff, and providing field oversight on a variety of projects. Further, this individual will manage customer relationships with some of our largest clients. In other areas, this position will require top-notch project management skills to take over closing projects and transition them to support. This job will require some travel to implement our software. An ideal candidate must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time as needed and willing to learn all about our proprietary software solutions in order to become a subject matter expert. We will train the right individual for success in this position, so please apply if you are a self-starter and motivated individual. We have many growth opportunities within our organization for the right person. Come join a dynamic team where the possibilities are based on your effort.
The project manager (PM) is responsible for leading large and complex client projects from initial project scope planning through any software development and all implementation processes. The right leader for this position exhibits leadership qualities that enable them to manage small & large multi-functional and geographically distributed teams. The position manages the high-level business objectives for the project through to being “hands-on” with assessing requirements & testing, client delivery, and the software development life cycle. The PM will work with an agile team of engineers and developers onsite building industry-leading and high impact, health software applications. While assisting in the management of software implementation efforts, the project manager will help lead interface requirements, business specifications, project plans, and implementation plans with process control tools and techniques that help create world-class software products and solutions for our customers. These innovative technology solutions make our customers’ lives easier and ensure that no woman falls through the cracks.
The PM needs to be able to thrive in a fast-paced agile technical environment in the enterprise health system space. This position will be integral to program management and ensure that solutions meet customer business requirements. This includes ensuring proper methods are followed to track program functionality, schedules, and performance across the business and product lines. This position will work and learn alongside the implementation manager and senior team to lead internal & external staff activities for services related to various projects that the PM is assigned. Best practices, standards, governance, procedures, tools, and templates regarding project, program, and change management for successful solution delivery are closely administered by the PM to meet client and quality goals and objectives.
This is a position that requires excellent customer service and written and oral communication skills, as a successful candidate will be working closely with customers to define their requirements and workflow along with being integral to the successful delivery and execution of our software products (pre- and post-implementation). The ability to lead combined teams with senior clients, strategic vendors, and MagView personnel, and the ability to report and present to executive management is a must. As this is an entry-level position, we will train the right individual to be successful in our 4-week training program and project ramp-up process.
This strategic position collaborates routinely with various MagView management/staff members with expertise in software development, quality assurance, account management, client services, finance, marketing, sales, commercial business partners, and subject matter experts from various industries. The individual in this role needs to be self-driven and have a passion for understanding how to solve problems efficiently with our health software technology solutions. We are looking for individuals that can quickly learn knowledge in the radiology domain and become subject matter experts on our proprietary software products.
- Drive achievement of projects/program success factors.
- Drive project or account management execution. Provide direction and oversight throughout the customer life cycle to stakeholders to meet applicable business requirements.
- Engage appropriate stakeholders in the risk identification and mitigation process.
- Act as an internal advocate for the customer.
- Identify, coordinate, and communicate customer issue impact.
- Coordinate, document, and communicate support plans and requirements.
- Accountable for understanding business objectives and how the projects/program delivers them; driving adjustments in the projects/program to more effectively achieve desired business results.
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes both inside and outside the projects/program.
- Ability to predict risk areas, design mitigation/contingency strategies, and execute on these strategies to avoid issues.
- Education: College degree.
- 1-2 years of directly related project management experience highly desired.
- Good written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels; including strong presentation skills.
- Good consultative, customer focus, & service skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, and PowerPoint).
- Technical knowledge of programming or SQL is desired but not required.
Depends on experience and comes with an excellent benefits package plus 401k matching once offered a salaried position.
Imagine a work world where people love the mission at work and like their team. The environment is pretty fast-paced with lots of continued learning required for all positions. We are a fun, diverse group, who happens to work at a fun software company that has a serious mission. We affect patient care in a positive way every day, which leaves you feeling like you accomplished something positive. We like laughter as it creates a bond that brings others together. Creativity, intuition, and flexibility are key to the successful operation of organizations today, and we try and foster that here.