MagView Accounting Specialist
Applied Software Inc. also known as MagView is a growing proprietary health software company that has a stable track record of growth in its niche market. We deliver quality software solutions to hospitals and breast centers across the nation that helps save lives. We have a diverse team of talented individuals that strive for excellence and love to help each other and our customer’s. The ideal candidate we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, working with senior staff, and providing field oversight on a variety of projects. This job will require some travel to implement our software. An ideal candidate must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time as needed and willing to learn all about our proprietary software solutions. We will train the right individual for success in this position so please apply if you are a self-starter and motivated individual. We have many growth opportunities with-in our organization for the right person. Come join a dynamic team where the possibilities are based on your effort.
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant / accounting specialist to provide support to the financial department by assisting daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work. The first project is over hauling the backend accounting system and move to QuickBooks Online. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the company’s accounting and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
Function and Duties
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Lead project in moving from old accounting system to QuickBooks Online
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Develop & execute annual/quarterly accounting plans
- Learn our internal systems and niche domai
- Good written/verbal communication and facilitation skills for communicating at all levels; including strong presentation skills are required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint)
- Deadline driven with a strong sense of urgency & achievement
- Resourcefulness and creative problem solving
- Superb analytical skills
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- College degree with accounting or business finance focus is highly desired or commensurate combination of experience & schoo
Depends on experience.
Imagine a work world where people love the mission at work and like their team. The environment is pretty fast paced with lots of continued learning required for all positions. We are a fun diverse group, that happens to work at a fun software company, that has a serious mission. We affect patient care in a positive way every day which leaves you feeling like you accomplished something positive. We like laughter as it creates a bond that brings others together. Creativity, intuition and flexibility are key to successful operation of organizations today and we try and foster that here.
YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNjr7A7YXB8
ASI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants of all ages, experiences, and backgrounds to apply for open positions. ASI does not discriminate on the basis an applicant’s age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance. ASI offers a competitive salary and a positive corporate culture.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and information here